[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - Refugee Radio

Refugee Radio

Nicey-nice talk is here.

Re: Refugee Radio

Postby zxyz » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:53 pm

zxyz

Location: Way out there somewhere ... maybe a parallel universe or something somewhat similar ..

Postby cjdenecia » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:30 am

... on the RADIO FRIENDLY SONG vid ... sorry to be the voice of dissent cus if that's the criteria, yeah, spot on ....

but - if that's what he thinks is the RFS, he's wrong. he didn't capture it. so his point is moot. his was subpar in melody and structure. he didn't tick the boxes and didn't find the familiar. at least not of the greatest RFS's. he cloned the user wannabees.

but there is a place for the real deal. like it or not. and that, and my acknowledgment and appreciation for the same, is what makes me a good judge of hits. or what should be. if he thought this was a clone, he missed his own point. and he bought into the machine. what he did here, I don't appreciate as radio friendly as much as corporate slop. poor imitations.

but I do get his point, and agree - but just not on whether mainstream hits are a good thing. cus they are. it's just that this clone doesn't capture that.
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby mistertroll » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:31 am

I've had the hots for Cher since the sixties. Of course, that shit's probably all worn out by now.

See how yaz like this...I've been tempted to cover it. I've worked out all but the guitar solo part...

Crap. I can't get it to post, and I tried the instructions from above.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK4XTskFHss
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch and nobody gets hurt.

mistertroll

Postby zxyz » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:58 am

Nice song. Tells a good story. Had to listen to it all the way thru to hear the ending. ( wait .. i just had a "eureka" thought .. heheh..) .. i think i got it now .. the answer to the "hook " . .
zxyz

Location: Way out there somewhere ... maybe a parallel universe or something somewhat similar ..

Postby Krispy » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:49 am

Nice bouncy tune with the word 'radio' in it.

Radio.mp3
(5.03 MiB) Downloaded 111 times
To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby steban » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:19 am

Jason_Rubero-Radio_Girl.mp3
(3.46 MiB) Downloaded 106 times

Jason Rubero - Radio Girl

(Ex-GB)

Anyway, a pleasant sounding english fellow.

The radio friendly song video was excellent satire, even if he were dead serious. I can imagine hearing the bleeped out radio version on the radio. If satire can otherwise maintain the formula, it would fit well on the radio, censored notwithstanding.
steban

Postby Jay » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:21 am

Prunes!
Jay

Postby mistertroll » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:26 pm

Ahh! I was trying to use the part before the =. Thanks.

mistertroll

Postby zxyz » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:30 am

zxyz

Postby zxyz » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:28 am

well, here's mine.. from a little known British band called "Trapeze" :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nacJtDRMZk8&feature=fvsr

(U-tube embedding was too slow tonight.. got impatient after 10 minutes of waiting..)
zxyz

Postby mistertroll » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:37 am

hah! I finally got it to work right for me!

mistertroll

Postby zxyz » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:38 am

Excellent!! Thanx Troll!! :thumb:
zxyz

Postby Krispy » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:14 am

Krispy

Postby zxyz » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:51 am

"Things"

zxyz

Postby Krispy » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:44 am

Not seeing anything here, Zee ('cept a floating tab saying "block"). :eek:
Krispy

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion