[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - wix kind of sucks huh?

wix kind of sucks huh?

Plugged or Unplugged, its still a plug.

wix kind of sucks huh?

Postby ROXI » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:06 pm

Kind of cheep software and web site I think, what do you think?

In a world of Zombies, I'm alone with a match, a beer and a bong, and my heart has turned into stone. Glorify only what you want your child to emulate
ROXI

Re: wix kind of sucks huh?

Postby cjdenecia » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:22 pm

conceptually it's hard to tell what the site does ... the player sounds good but it took forever to load and it's locked up my browser.

what's the joint about? what does it do besides take forever to play a song? and mess with my connection?
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby shankarji » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:01 am

Couldn't get a song to play but I did like the way the player was an iPod...nice concept...the site has a pretty cool look but it wasn't too clear what and who were involved.
A guy at work bought a car out of the paper. Ten years later, Bam! Herpes.Peter Griffin
shankarji

Postby ROXI » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:23 am

I had the same dam problem with "flashbuilder.com". Flashbuilder was not search engine friendly and in order to get the songs to load up in a timely fashon I had to cut them down to 64bit. WIK is suppose to be search engine friendly but it sounds like I have to cut the MP3's down to 64bit instead of what I would like at 198bit in order for them to load up in 5 to 10 seconds. The songs will play but you have to wait forever for them to load into the player. Now thats ok except it would be nice it the people their could see that the song is loading then at least they would know something is happening. Dam Dam Dam.....

WIK is suppose to be just like Flash but with a different codex so you can get your page at the top of the Google/MSN Search. Dam Dam Dam......

Gonna reload the songs at a lower bit rate and see if that fixes the problem with the wait time. Incert big F word here.
In a world of Zombies, I'm alone with a match, a beer and a bong, and my heart has turned into stone. Glorify only what you want your child to emulate
ROXI

Postby ROXI » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:25 am

ok 64 bit now...did that change anything?
ROXI

Postby shankarji » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:23 pm

OK...managed to get Ego to play...which by the way was very funny and sooo true! But I couldn't get Wall of Shame to play.

I've got a lightening fast internet connection and the pages were still quite slow to load, especially the Home page...Funkapella...heh...that's some cool stuff there.

Links page all seemed fine...just couldn't work out how to get Wall of Shame to play...I tried clicking the double arrow on the iPod but Ego was the only song coming up.
A guy at work bought a car out of the paper. Ten years later, Bam! Herpes.Peter Griffin
shankarji

Postby ROXI » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:42 pm

Humm gonna work on plan B tonight. I think its because I have the same file "song" on two different pages looping.
ROXI

Postby ROXI » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:37 pm

ROXI

Postby wixcertainlysucks » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:03 pm

YES, Wix most certainly sucks. Started an account in February... never once responded to a customer service inquiry from that time (even before I signed up - my bad for signing up anyway) to now (Sept)... Bad customer service? Well, it could be classified as bad if the customer service existed at all. Wix? In a word, disgraceful. Why one would even consider hooking up with a site like that, knowing that they are capable of ignoring a paying customer COMPLETELY FOR 7 MONTHS is beyond me. I'm not exaggerating... NO responses in 7 months... pull the plug on these clowns. Don't invest because your cash is being wasted. Nice looking sites? Not reason enough. Pretty poison.
wixcertainlysucks

Postby cjdenecia » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:42 pm

you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Return to Livin' in the Limelight