[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - United Way Aroostook's Northern Star

United Way Aroostook's Northern Star

Plugged or Unplugged, its still a plug.

Re: United Way Aroostook's Northern Star

Postby Steve Soucy » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:43 am

When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don't throw away the ticket and jump off. You sit still and trust the engineer.

~ Corrie Ten Boom
Steve Soucy

Postby mistertroll » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:36 am

Kick ass and take names, Peeve!
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch and nobody gets hurt.

mistertroll

Postby Krispy » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:31 am

To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby Peevette » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:32 pm

Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
Peevette

Postby cjdenecia » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:16 am

well, it's a good song and you do it well peeve. hopefully - they'll run a good spotlight in an otherwise dark stage and you can "act" it out for full dramatic effect.

loads of luck. go on - kill.
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby Stevo » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:22 am

Stevo

Postby Peevette » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:29 pm

Peevette

Postby Peevette » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:23 am

Well, alas, yet again....

I did not make it to the semi-finals. :cry:

Hud, you should be happy to hear that I didn't mess up your song. My friend said she liked my performance even better than the recording. She said she could feel the emotion! Anyway, I'll post the video when I get it from my friend.
Peevette

Postby Krispy » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:12 am

Bloody shame.

Maybe Stevo had something with the cello idea. The ultimate "My body is an instrument, not an ornament" statement.
To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby Peevette » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:10 pm

Well folks, I finally have video of the performance. Hope you guys like it! I hope I made Hud proud, even though I didn't get picked to move onto the finals.

Hopefully I figure out this damn embedding crap!!!

Any comments are welcome!
Peevette

Postby cjdenecia » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:44 am

what comments? you were fabulous peeve! (of course, I still would rather you growled a few lines vs 150% belting them but ....)

it was a flawless performance and I am incredibly happy for you! that was truly a professional job.

my guess is that you didn't advance for the same ol same ol reason. nobody knew the song. and it was a bit too dramatic for them to be comfy giving you a position. I'll bet the ones that advanced did far safer cover songs. you did what took guts to do. and nailed it. big, no- huge props lady.

and good on hud for his work on it.

in keeping with the high praise, you really have come a long long ways peeve. and I know you've worked extremely hard to get there. you need to be incredibly proud of yourself. I'm proud of you. you're extremely good.
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby mistertroll » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:46 am

Excellent performance, Peeve, and this song sticks in my mind for a long time every time I hear it.
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch and nobody gets hurt.

mistertroll

Postby Peevette » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:05 am

Thanks, cj!!! really...

WOW!!

Thanks....
Peevette

Postby Peevette » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:10 am

Peevette

Postby Jay » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:27 am

Prunes!
Jay

PreviousNext

Return to Livin' in the Limelight