[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - What multi-tracker do you use?

What multi-tracker do you use?

Got Questions? Get Answers.

What multi-tracker do you use?

Postby zxyz » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:05 am

A stand alone 8, 16, 24+ track analog/digital Studer or 3M machine with a massive board? Or, a PC based Pro-tools, Acid or Cakewalk loaded? And a custom super-pro-spec soundcard? How many inputs? ASIO? Curious as to what everybody is using out there and who is having the best results with what..
Thanks.
Cheers,
-Z
zxyz

Location: Way out there somewhere ... maybe a parallel universe or something somewhat similar ..

Re: What multi-tracker do you use?

Postby icararse » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:14 am

Professional Wankmeister
icararse

Postby Jay » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:25 am

Ooo, gear talk! ( :| )

I use SAW Studio with an M-Audio Delta 66. Usually go w/ASIO, though I occasionally use SAW's so-called multimedia driver. Also use FL Studio for drums & keys; it offers lots of flexibility and control for little money.
Prunes!
Jay

Postby pharquartt » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:49 am

Yamaha AW2400 24 track workstation with a custom pc using Sonar Producer for mastering.

don't know how to use most of the buttons yet.......
now is the infinite opposite
pharquartt
Site Admin

Postby icararse » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:52 am

Professional Wankmeister
icararse

Postby zxyz » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:29 pm

zxyz

Location: Way out there somewhere ... maybe a parallel universe or something somewhat similar ..

Postby Stevo » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:50 pm

Spirit Digital 328 board w/2 built-in Lexicon fx processors
Homemade PC (3 GHz / 4 GB RAM)
Frontier Dakota + Montana sound cards (providing 32 ch lightpipe + 2 ch S/PDIF I/O)
Windows XP (using WDM drivers)
Sonar 3 + Waves Native Gold plugins for tracking
Sound Forge 6 for mastering
Last edited by Stevo on Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stevo

Postby Chris K. » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:54 pm

I use Adobe Audition 1.5 at the station and Cool Edit Pro 2.0 at home. At home I use a Tascam US-122 for an interface ... but am going to switch to an M-box in the near future.
Chris K.

Postby zxyz » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:26 pm

zxyz

Postby Chris K. » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:32 pm

Chris K.

Postby ROXI » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:59 pm

Its one thing to ask what people use and another to ask if they know how to use it.

This thread should go into FAILBLOG.COM as the biggest blunder in the histroy of AudioRefugees.

In a world of Zombies, I'm alone with a match, a beer and a bong, and my heart has turned into stone. Glorify only what you want your child to emulate
ROXI

Postby cjdenecia » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:35 am

you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby zxyz » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:23 am

right now i'm laughing so hard tears are coming out of my eyes.
.. I'll be right back,, in a minute ..
Ok I'm back. Well, good to hear that you have AA2 CJ. Yes, its a pretty cool program, except I dont know how to use it too well (as evident from my songs that I posted) butt.. yeah it's quite forgiving, except for my lack of organizational skills. It doesnt crash, and even when power fails or such, it'll come back and ask you if you want to save a "prematurely exited" session. Yeah I've heard that 'cool edit' was the predecessor. I think Roxi needs this program, don't you?
-either that or he needs to stick that owl up his arse.. oops.. this isn't the bin, is it??
(Just kidding Roxi)-
zxyz

Postby Chris K. » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:43 pm

I've been using Cool Edit and AA for years now. Cool Edit is much less stable than AA in my view. cj ... the Tascam US-122 works brilliantly so far with CE. Might be something to check out.

I've attached a 160kbps mp3 file of a rehearsal track that uses 1 guitar and 1 vocal, using Cool Edit pro in which I used a heavy and wide final mastering ... the mics were cheap .. a NADY small diaphragm on in the guitar and a MXL V63M on vocal recorded simultaneously run thru the US-122.
Attachments
Aspen Colorado.mp3
rehearsal track guitar/vocal
(3.63 MiB) Downloaded 327 times
Chris K.

Postby Daniel Eboli » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:17 pm

I use cubase SX 2.
And I love it.

Asio yeah.
Daniel Eboli

Next